A piece I wrote for Vesta Fitness in 2016. Sadly the Vesta blog is no longer active, but I’m proud of the content I wrote for the team.
“On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me / twelve drummers drumming…”
When Celia, Quinn and I sat down to plan the 12 Days of Fitness series we pictured you all at a party on the last day, drummers drumming the tunes and you blowing off steam from all the hard work you’ve put in this year! And what better way to celebrate than with a festive cocktail?
A few weeks ago I went to my friend’s amazing gastro pub, The Tilbury in Datchworth, and their spiced almond winter warmer was so delicious and comforting I had to recreate it to share with you guys. If you make this cocktail with almond milk you get double the nutty flavour and it’s vegan, but if you want a more foamy/frothy cocktail you may want to use cow’s milk.
- 25ml spiced rum
- 25ml amaretto
- Half to 1 tsp cinnamon
- Roughly 250ml milk (depending on how strong you want it and how big your glass/mug is!)
- Add the spirits to your glass
- Sieve half a teaspoon of cinnamon into the milk
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and switch to a medium heat, whisking constantly to keep the cinnamon moving
- Depending on the type of milk you use, take the pan off the heat when the cow’s milk begins to foam up and rise or when the non-dairy milk is steaming
- Pour into the glass
- Dust cinnamon on top
- Don’t burn your mouth, and enjoy!
We really hope you enjoy this and every recipe and workout from the 12 Days of Fitness series. Remember to take photos and share how you got on the Vesta Fitness app, free on iOS and Android! Stay tuned for more Christmas-themed content coming soon.